Stages of a Sacramento Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you are about to engage in a personal injury law suit in Sacramento, the Law Offices of Mark A. Doughty understands your position. You may be concerned and apprehensive about exactly how the litigation will proceed.
The following describes the stages of personal injury lawsuits in Sacramento that involve class action or mass torts related to automobiles, trucks, and big rigs. Our firm provides this information so that you know just what to expect from your lawsuit every step of the way.
- Stage #1: Our Sacramento injury attorneys gather information from all clients involved in the injury lawsuit in Sacramento. We investigate the evidence, review the documentation, and determine whether or not we feel the case stands a good chance of being successful.
- Stage #2: We file a complaint in court against whatever parties are named as defendants in the lawsuit. This can include motor vehicle drivers, manufacturers, mechanics, parent companies, or road maintenance crews.
- Stage #3: The defendants are officially notified that they are named in the Sacramento injury lawsuit.
- Stage #4: The process of discovery commences in the Sacramento personal injury lawsuit. Discovery is where attorneys and their clients, both plaintiffs and defendants, gather to share the evidence that they collected regarding the case. Depending upon the number of plaintiffs and defendants involved in a class action suit, discovery may involve several meetings.
- Stage #5: An attempt is made to obtain a personal injury settlement from the defendants in the personal injury lawsuit in Sacramento. If the defendants are not willing to settle the case, the Law Offices of Mark A. Doughty will consider going to court in order to attain compensation and justice for the victims.
- Stage #6: Our attorneys advocate aggressively on behalf of our clients at trial, and if a favorable verdict is not forthcoming, we discuss the possibility of an appeal, as well.
Contact us regarding Sacramento personal injury lawsuits today
At the Law Offices of Mark A. Doughty, you can contact us twenty-four hours a day to discuss your Sacramento personal injury law suit, and we are available for evening or weekend appointments. If necessary, we will even visit you at home or in the hospital. We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, meaning that you pay no fees unless we obtain a recovery for you. For the convenience of our clients, we have Spanish and Punjabi interpreters available. For Yuba City, call 530.674.1440. For Sacramento, call 916.979.1917. For Lincoln, call 916.645.1917.